Monday, February 18, 2008

My sewing machine and I

We really don't know each other that well. I've taken my machine out for a spin, in class only, twice now. I bought my machine after I was laid off...sometime last summer (2007), after I did a *bit* of research. I know that I used the "billmelater" option and my machine was reconditioned. It's a Brother SE-270D. The "D" stands for "Disney." Now, I'm not into Disney. Although I have nothing against Mickey Mouse and his ilk, I'm not a fan either. So my machine has Disney characters built in and I'll have to live with that.

I went with a combination sewing and embroidery machine because I could see myself, a year after I'd start sewing my own clothing, wanting to embellish my creations without wanting to do the work. My machine can embroider an area up to 4" x 6". Not shabby, but not the largest area possible. Without even having embroidered a single thing with my machine, I already feel inadequate. I see designs that I'd like to embroider, and of course, they're for 5" x 7" hoops. It all comes down to using what I have. Appreciating what I have, before coveting the next, new thing. I'm such a marketing pawn.

Next post: my first (and second) pair of pajamas

peace & karma points! =;)

No comments: