action shot, originally uploaded by firesheep67.
Rather than making a second muslin or ripping and reassembling the first, I decided based on where the side seams fall, to eliminate 1" from the front panel (which I will deliberately use as the back) - thus 1/2" from each side and I lengthened the skirt by 1 3/4". I made these modifications to the tissue pattern and gasp! cut the fabric on 6/29, in my last class of the latest five class run at SM&D. No turning back now...
At first I thought I would attempt to match the pattern at the seams, but come on, this is such a minor concern with a huge pattern and since this will officially be my first wearable garment, I just threw caution to the wind. As I was packing up the pieces I so carefully cut out, I was dismayed to see that I now have a large target on my butt (center of the back panel). Just what I had hoped to avoid. Thank god it's not on my crotch...I can just hear Michael Kors now!
Fabric is Kaffe Fassett Targets - Pastel - still available here. (I bought this four or even five years ago.)