Monday, June 30, 2008

Sewlseeking...not just via the sewing machine...

The sewing empire has grown by leaps and bounds. In fact, it's burst out of the small, unconfigured space (i.e. the livingroom and "dining bridge," to be explained some other time), requiring that I declare a state of emergency in my little sewing empire.

Once I finish updating my Flash interface (final project for advanced Flash class) at http://www.sewrealistic.com/final52b.html, I might just need to call out the National Guard to help me dig out from under the avalanche of tools and materials. (Ok, bad joke. No offense intended.)

The sewing empire now includes: cross stitch, knitting, crocheting, embroidery and not only sewing with my (not so trusty) Mickey Mouse machine, but also with my (possibly more reliable?) used Elna Lock L2 serger. (An eBay score.) Strangely enough, no sewing has ever taken place IN the empire. Could be the fact that I can no longer move through the living room without turning sideways in spots... =;p

Can't say the same for knitting, crochet or cross stitch though...in fact, those stitchy activities seem to spontaneously happen, whether I want them to or not. Hmmm.

No comments: