Sunday, February 17, 2008

Official *first* post

For a loooong time now, I've wanted to write a blog. If I'm not mistaken, this blog will be my third attempt. First it was, "walls2windows.com" - back before blogging was hip and back before everyone and their brother had a blog. But I didn't know what I wanted to post. I thought I'd showcase my photoshopped photos, share my list of recommended Palm OS apps... I still own the domain, but the site no longer functions, and I haven't decided what to do with it.

Second attempt was, "quotidian bits" on blogger. But, I wasn't posting on a quotidian basis. Post layoff, my life had not expanded to fill the freedom that being unemployed afforded me.

Which brings me to this, my third attempt, at blogging. Over the years I've come to conclusion that the best blogs focus on a passion with daily life served up as a sidebar to that passion. So, what is/are my passions?

Many! So many, that I've struggled with naming my blog and narrowing the focus. Therefore, I'm going to start blogging about learning to sew, which is my *latest* passion. From there, I'll get to the other passions.

Next post: building my sewing empire. (I'm someone who buys ALL the tools long before I've stitched a single thing. Which is why I'm amazed when I read in someone's blog that after 15 or 20 years of sewing, they've just now discovered the joys of using tailor's hams. Wow.)

peace & karma points =;)

No comments: