Yesterday was my birthday and rather than having new year's resolutions, I thought this year I'd set birthday resolutions. Here we go!
1. Surroundings: By next year - have apartment decluttered and MOVE OUT ready!
Why? Our place may be small and falling apart (landlord doesn't believe in maintenance), but that doesn't mean we have to live in squalor. The other day, DH said he did everything possible to keep the Animal Control person from entering the apartment because he was embarrassed, and I completely understand.
I have a vision of owning a home with a garden. A home where DH can cook, I can knit and sew with room to work and we have a garden to enjoy. Room to breathe!
2. Finances: Set up rapid debt repayment program (RDRP) and buy LESS
Why? After I was laid off, I lived off of the severance pay, tax returns, inheritance from MIL and cash advances on my credit cards. I had been paying down the cards before the layoff, but once I was no longer working I felt like all my efforts had been in vain and I foolishly racked up even more debt than I previously had. WTF?
As for buying less, I have all the tools and supplies I could possible want. I need to use them up or purge. There's no reason for me to own everything that catches my eye.
3. Learning: My time - listen to Japanese tapes,listen to Russian podcasts
On the job: 30 minutes every day for various software/hardware (Sharepoint, Indesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, Blackberry) and 15 minutes every day to read executive/administrative assisting blogs
4. Create: Knit, sew, cross stitch, crochet! Do something every day.
5. Relationships: Take advantage of 9/80 Fridays and go on a day trip with DH (every other Friday). Return calls/emails/text messages - make the effort to stay in touch with friends and family.
Val's Completed Wedding Dress
1 day ago